Self-Test for Partners
1. Do you have money problems because of someone else’s sexual behavior?
2. Do you tell lies to cover up for someone else’s sexual behavior?
3. Do you think that your loved one’s behavior is caused by his or her companions?
4. Do you make threats such as, “If you don’t stop, I’ll leave you,” but you don’t follow through?
5. Are you afraid to upset your partner for fear that he or she will leave you?
6. Have you been hurt or embarrassed by the addict’s behavior?
7. Do you find yourself searching for hidden clues that might be related to the sexual behavior of a loved one?
8. Do you feel alone in your problem?
9. Have you gotten someone out of jail as a result of his or her sexual behavior?
10. Does sex play an all-consuming role in your relationship?
11. Do you feel responsible for the addict’s behavior?
12. Are you preoccupied or obsessed by the addict’s problems?
13. Do you find yourself being sexual with the addict to prevent him or her from being sexual with others?
14. Do you find yourself engaging in self-defeating or degrading behavior?
Have you thought about or attempted suicide because of someone’s sexual behavior?
This self-test was developed by S-Anon, a 12 Step fellowship for people in relationship with a sexual addict.